Welcome to my blog! If you want to have fun while learning some helpful facts and tips about living a healthier, more nutritious lifestyle, you've come to the right blog! :)

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kamie's Tip of the Week:

This is less of a tip and more of a random thought. Over the holiday weekend I went and saw a movie in the movie theater. I have a shameful love of movie theater popcorn, so I bought some and unfortunately ate WAY too much. I thought about the blog and wondered what my readers would think of my impulsive behavior. I came to this conclusion: Everyone is entitled to have a little fun with their diet occasionally and completely BLOW it for the day. Holidays are a great time for this, as we all know. BUT, it's not a habit that should become a weekly or a daily thing. So, next time I'm having a craving for popcorn that I can't suppress, I've come up with a backup plan (you should too for your unsuppressable cravings). Here it is: Unbuttered popcorn rolled in garlic salt. It's delicious, and SOOO much better for you. Why? Without the butter, this snack is virtually fat-free, and popcorn is actually a whole-grain with lots of fiber! If you don't believe that it's yummy, give it a try for yourself :)

-Kamie

No comments:

Post a Comment