Welcome to my blog! If you want to have fun while learning some helpful facts and tips about living a healthier, more nutritious lifestyle, you've come to the right blog! :)

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kamie's Tip of the Week:

True or false: To be healthy you have to either give up something or do something that as a result will make you unhappy.  I say FALSE! Yes, being healthy often involves SACRIFICE, but the definition of sacrifice is to give up something good for something better. 

For example, say you struggle with exercise because you HATE running (don't worry, I'm right with you).  Well then, that doesn't mean you have to consign yourself to the couch.  Find something that you like better than running.  Maybe its sports, or maybe its dancing.  Yoga or aerobics might be your best fit.  Perhaps you just enjoy taking long walks by the beach.  Anything is better than nothing!  Find something that you enjoy, and though you may have made a sacrifice (given up numbing your brain cells by sitting on the couch watching T.V.), you will most likely find that you are enjoying life a lot more than your were before. 

Basically, healthy is not equal to misery.  In fact, I think being healthy is one factor that leads to happiness and increased self-confidence.

-Kamie 

3 comments:

  1. Love this Kam! I agree.. Coke makes me happy so I work out extra hard so I can have a little everyday.. ;) And I love to do Jillian Michaels workouts and I am getting into Turbo Jam.. Love you girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to try one of Jillian Michaels workouts. Is there an easier way to get a hold of some of her stuff without having to order it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janelley,

    I was able to find some of Jillian Michaels workouts on Hulu. There are quite a few short clips with mini-workouts if you search for Jillian Michaels on hulu.com. I've been able to find a few of her videos at the grocery store, but if you still can't find the one you want, you can order it off of http://www.collagevideo.com/ which I think is cheaper than ordering them straight from her website. Good luck!

    -Kamie

    ReplyDelete